SpanglefishBenmore and Kilmun Community Development Trust | sitemap | log in

September 2013

Minutes of Board Meeting held at Rosehaugh 17 September 2013

 

 

Directors in Attendance:

 

Dinah McDonald               Chair

Pearl Brown                     Treasurer

David McKenzie                 Secretary

David Eaglesham             

 

Members in Attendance:

 

Carolyn Stewart

Beth McClure

Clive McClure

Cllr Bruce Marshall

 

Apologies:

 

Victor Sandall

Billy King

 

Minutes of Meeting 12 June 2013

 

The minutes of the Trust Board meeting of 12 June 2013 were proposed by David E, seconded by David M and adopted.

 

Matters Arising

 

CAP Theme 2 Priority 5 – burn maintenance – Dinah has contacted the Help organisation but they appear to be no longer operating.

 

Re Any Questions – David M has contacted the BBC; a hall that can hold a minimum of 250 people is a pre-requisite to any application. As no hall in our community can do that, the matter is closed. 

 

Business of the Trust

 

Secretary’s Report

 

Nothing to report  

 

Update on membership

 

Nothing to report

 

Treasurer’s Report

 

Pearl advised she was unable to report on the bank balances as the accounts were with the auditors.

 

Community Action Plan - 2012 

 

Action Status:

 

Theme 1:

 

Priority 1 – Invasive Species:

 

6 participants have been identified for the training course run by Paths for All. These are:

Benmore & Kilmun CDT -        3
Kilfinan                       -        2
Bruce Marshall              -        1 

A £1000 grant for equipment and tools has been applied for from the National Park.

 

Priority 2 – Coastal Path:

 

Will be discussed at a later meeting

 

Priority 3 – Develop Powder Mill site

 

Will be discussed at a later meeting

 

Theme 2:

 

Priority 5 - Village Appearance

 

Public seating – Bruce has checked and some maintenance is required   
Loch and riverside cleaning – NP volunteer Rangers to carry out – date still to be fixed

 

Theme 3:

 

Priority 2 – Business Development

 

Biomass development at Dalinlongart is still planned
Broadband – work continues with Community Broadband Scotland

 

Theme 4:

 

Priority 1: Sewage facilities upgrade

 

A meeting is planned with Michael Russell MSP on 4 October to review status of the Cowal Multi-Utility Project.

 

Priority 3 – Renewable Energy

 

Nothing to report

 

Liaison

 

Forestry

 

Nothing to report

 

Villages in Bloom

 

Bruce is continuing to maintain planters. 

 

Graham’s Point Community Park

 

Bruce advised that the Council had clarified that the inspection and certification of play equipment was the responsibility of the Trust. This will be discussed as a future Trust meeting.

 

Working Groups / Projects

 

Paths and Access

 

A pathway from Invereck to the bus stop is in progress – the Trust will fund the cost of the slabs and the installation.

 

Argyll Mausoleum Ltd (AML)

 

Construction work continues and is on budget and schedule. A possible launch date of late Spring 2014 is being considered.

 

AOCB

 

Sandbank CC will be holding a Guy Fawkes Night event.
Blairmore Village Trust is holding a series of Producers’ Markets at Blairmore Hall. The first has been very successful and future ones are scheduled for 21 September and 14 December.
The Community Partnership is holding a ‘Celebrating Park People & Stories’ conference at Kilmaronock Hall on 26 October. The Trust will be presenting on how to raise funds for projects.

 

Date of next meeting

 

The next meeting of the Trust Board will be held at 19:30 on Wednesday 6 November. Venue – Uig Hall.  

 




Click for Map


WikanikoWork from Home