SpanglefishBenmore and Kilmun Community Development Trust | sitemap | log in

October 2012

Minutes of Board Meeting held at Uig Hall 22 October 2012

Directors:               Dinah McDonald               Chair           

                              David McKenzie                 Secretary

                              David Eaglesham

                              Victor Sandall

 

Apologies:              Pearl Brown

                             Billy King

 

Minutes

 

The minutes of the Trust meeting of 1 August 2012 were proposed by David Eaglesham, seconded by Dinah McDonald and adopted.

 

Business of the Trust

 

Secretary’s Report

 

Nothing to report

 

Update on membership

 

12 members had renewed their membership at the AGM

 

Treasurer’s Report

 

In Pearl’s absence, the current balances of accounts were not available. However, Dinah reported that all current invoices had been paid up-to-date and that the last element of the Forestry Commission grant towards paths had been received.  

 

Community Action Plan - 2012 

 

Dinah advised that the CAP brochure was almost complete and that the Community Partnership (CP) was awaiting a decision on which photos to use. Dinah and David to review.

 

The invoice for the CAP coordinator had been paid by the CP; other costs which had been incurred by the Trust would be refunded by the CP.

 

It was agreed that 50 printed copies of the final CAP would be ordered – additional copies can be locally printed as required.

 

The CP process requires a community launch once the CAP is published. It was agreed that this should be done jointly with other Community Trusts and the Kilmun Community Council. The venue will be the Younger Hall, Kilmun – date TBA.     

 

Multi-Utility Project

 

David gave a brief update on the Cowal Utility Working Group meeting which had been held in the NP HQ on 18 October. 2 actions had been agreed:

 

SSE, Scottish Water and HIE will separately cost the provision of mains gas, waste water and broadband respectively to the community and the Working Group will then meet to see what economies could be achieved if this work was done as one project.
A University will be invited to research what technology could be used to provide a combined multi-utility service to the community and to identify any resulting regulatory issues that would need to be addressed. David will follow up with Michael Russell MSP. 

 

Time frame for these actions to be underway is beginning of next year.

 

Grants

 

NP Grants

 

A new 2013 grant round was underway – it was agreed to apply again for the full admin grant, as Kilmun CC had not requested to make this a joint application.

 

A discussion was held as to whether a suitable project could be identified for the 2013 ‘soon, seen, successful’ grant – the only possible candidate project is a bus shelter opposite the entrance to the Doctor’s surgery. David to check on the costs and report back.

 

The 2012 ‘soon, seen, successful’ grant had been awarded for the Tower Archaeology project. This now needs to be completed as soon as possible. David will follow up with Guard Archaeology.

 

Liaison

 

Forestry

 

FCS is apparently awaiting details on signage before erecting agreed signs on paths. Dinah to check.

 

Villages in Bloom

 

Cllr Marshall had requested a contribution towards new planters to be located opposite the Pier Hotel. An amount of £20 was agreed.

 

Graham’s Point

 

Nothing to report

 

Working Groups / Projects

 

Paths and Access

 

The Paths and Access group is continuing to grow momentum

 

Argyll Mausoleum

 

The implementation phase of the project is now underway, following the decisions by multiple funders to award the requested amounts needed:

  

An Activity Coordinator has been recruited and a job offer is in process
A PQQ process followed by a tendering process has been undertaken for an interpretation consultant. Selection of the preferred company is underway.
A meeting is planned for 24 October to start the process to hire a main contractor  
An initial archaeological project involving local schools has been successfully completed and the archaeologist’s report on findings is awaited.

 

AOCB

 

Nothing to report

 

Future Meetings / Date of next meeting

 

A community meeting to be briefed on the proposed wind farm in Cove will be held in Blairmore Hall on 23 October at 19:30

 

A Community Partnership meeting to review the NP Planning Guidance on Renewable Energy will be held in Uig Hall on 24 October at 19:00

 

The next meeting of the Trust Board will be held on Wednesday 5 December, 2012 at Blairmore Hall. Cllr Marshall will be requested by David to confirm hall booking.   

 




Click for Map


WikanikoWork from Home