SpanglefishBenmore and Kilmun Community Development Trust | sitemap | log in

March 2011

Minutes of Board Meeting held at Highgate Hall 29 March 2011


Directors:  Dinah McDonald  Chair 
               Pearl Brown   Treasurer
               David McKenzie   Secretary
               David Eaglesham
               Ron Cruickshank
               Billy King


Advisor:  Cllr Bruce Marshall  

Apologies:  Victor Sandall


Minutes of last meeting

The minutes of the last Trust meeting held on 15 February 2011 were modified to reflect that a Paths & Access meeting had been arranged with FCS, not held. With this change, the minutes were proposed by David McKenzie, seconded by Dinah McDonald and adopted.

Matters arising

None

Business of the Trust

Secretary’s Report

 Nothing to report

Update on membership

 There have been no changes to the membership

Treasurer’s Report

 Pearl reported that the balances on hand were:

Account 1:  £3,343.07    Cheque account

Account 2:  £1,860.05    Bonus account
 

 Pearl reported that invoices had been paid to Ailsa Close (accountant), hall hire and advertising.

 Dinah advised that the application which had been submitted to the National Park for a grant of £800 towards admin costs (including £200 towards the costs of the Loch’n’Glen newsletter) and a further application for a grant of £1500 for path signage and leaflets had both been approved and a confirmation letter had been received.  

Working Groups / Projects

Community Futures Goes Green

 Dinah reported that the application for a second round funding had been turned down.

District Heating / LPG

 David McKenzie advised that an Expression of Interest had been lodged with Community Energy Scotland (CES) applying for loan funding to appoint an energy advisor for the Benmore & Kilmun area who could design tailored solutions for small groups of houses / individual properties, with the Trust then able to negotiate discounts on equipment and installation.

 CES will advise if the project qualifies and, if so, an application for loan funds will be invited. 

  A local supplier – Albagas – is now offering supplies in the area. The contract with a customer commits to supply for 42 pence / litre for six months and to maintain competitive prices thereafter. Information about Albagas has been added to the Trust web-site; however, it is not proposed to involve the trust further in this.

Paths and Access

 David Eaglesham reported that a constructive meeting had been held with FCS.
 
 Conclusions from the meeting:

o A high level path from the Arboretum to the existing forest rack was being considered
o The Trust will link to the existing FCS program for leaflets and signage.
o Inappropriate signage had been removed from 2 sites
o Ongoing work was taking place at the Glen Masson bridge
o The Trust agreed to support the plan for a core path at Ballochyle
o A further meeting with FCS was planned within a couple of weeks

Liaison

Forestry

 Nothing to report

Villages in Bloom

 Planters had been re-populated by Cllr Bruce Marshall

Graham’s Point

 The Council had agreed to repair the wall in the car park, but the work had not yet been done. Further damage had been reported in the meantime. David McKenzie agreed to chase once more.
 
Mausoleum

 The contract for the Design team to Icosis Architects and Stephen Newsom Architects has been signed and initial plans are being prepared.

 Mairi Bell was well advanced in preparing the Activity Plan.

 A community open evening to review progress and plans and to get community feedback was now scheduled for 2 June

 Discussions were continuing with the Church of Scotland regarding the partnership with Argyll Mausoleum Limited on the ongoing project.

AOCB

 A visit to the Cowal area by members of the National Park Board was anticipated in May; Graham’s Point and other joint projects would be highlighted.

 As previously discussed, ownership of selected former BT telephone boxes in the area have been transferred to the Kilmun Community Council. The Trust will then take ownership of the unit at Clachaig; it was agreed that it could be used, inter alia, as a distribution point for paths leaflets.

 A further contribution of £50 towards the Loch’n’Glen newsletter was agreed. Dinah reminded the Trust that £200 of the National Park grant would be dedicated to the news letter. Ron advised the newsletter finances, even without the Park grant, were in balance through the end of June.

 Ron further advised that Lorraine Whitton and Janice Hampson would be taking over the production of the newsletter.

 On behalf of the Trust, Dinah thanked Ron for his work on the newsletter and the Trust Board warmly endorsed this vote of thanks.

 David McKenzie advised that he would be moving to Glasgow over the next few months, and will be standing down from the Trust at the AGM. 

Date of next meeting

 The date of the next Trust Board meeting will be on Tuesday 24 May 2011 at 19:30 in Younger Hall, Kilmun.




Click for Map


SSPC - Property in Scotland